Setting up a wireless home network - How to build wireless home network - Wireless home network
Post by Jawad Ahmad Riaz
Wireless technology is a famous source of networking for different technologies of computer networking of present era. In the technological World there are lot of technologies and application in the field of wireless networking that are very helpful for the sake of the communication between the two places. Wireless technologies are designed to reduce the time and different type of obstacles created by the cables. Therefore, wireless networks have more convenient working as compared to other type of wired networking. Wireless network is the type of the computer networking in which computer is connected with the different telecommunication devices wirelessly. It is used for the sake of different purposes such as communication or data transmission etc.
These all types of transmission that is related to the wireless networks are carried out with help of different types of waves which have micro wavelength in nature. In the field of wireless networking another system, introduce which is helpful for ding the networking in the home called as wireless home network. It is defined as the connection that is build for the wireless networking in the home for the sake of sharing different types of resources such as printing in the home at the same time on the internet is referred as Wireless home Networking.
Types of Wireless networks
Wireless networks are categorized into three basic types that are almost used in every configuration of the networks wirelessly. These types are as follows
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- Personal Area Network (PAN).
How to Setup Wireless Home Network:
Different steps are involved in building the wireless network for the home networking. The important steps that are involved in the setting the network is given below
The important hardware that is required for the building of the wireless home network is different types of components such as more then one computer or the operating systems at least two, different types of networking interface cards or adapters are required for proper networking, wireless router and the very important part that is the modem that is required to do the configuration.
Several steps are involved in building the wireless home network for the sake of doing the work on the internet and share different type of resources such as printing etc. arte as follows.
- First, shut down all the computers and then open the cover of the system and place the Network Interface Card (NIC) in the system if it was not placed before. After placing turn on the server system and install the required software for the working of the NIC. Then do the same configuration in all other system attached for home networking.
- After installing the software of the (NIC), turn on your modem and the wireless router to for the connection to the internet or the network. Then change the network settings up to manual settings and change the security settings by using the control panel of your operating system by following the instructions given on the screen. Save these settings because they will be use in the completion of the setup.
- When the changing of security and the network settings is completed then, configure your wireless router that is used for creating the wireless home networking media by typing your IP address of the router into your browser such as internet explore.
- After router configuration, configure your wireless network by changing the mode of security by entering the same key of that was used earlier in the settings. This key or setting should be matched with the saved settings.
- Then click APPLY or OK to complete the setup. After this step, your wireless home network has been configured.
Interested in Advertising your products or website with us? Click Why Advertising with us ?
- WiFi Security Problems & Solutions
- Configure wireless router as wireless access point
Browse All Categories
- WiFi Technology
- Wimax Technology
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Communication
- IT - Certifications
- Computer OS
- Computer Hardware
- Computer security
- Technology Reviews
- Networking Tutorials
- Other Technology articles
- Top 10
Lastest articles in Category