What is nanophotonic? - How Nanophotonic works?
Post by Jawad Ahmad Riaz
Nanophotonic - Definition
Nanophotonics is the the branch of nanotechnology that deals with the study and behaviour of light and optics at nano meter scale.It directly deals with the optics and widely used in optic engineering.Interactions and sub wavelength of various substances are calculated with the help of nanophotonics.It include all the phenomenas that are used in optical sciences for the development of optical devices.
How nanophotonic system works
Nanophotonics works collectively with many components each for different purpose but ones output beocmes input of the other component ,hence forming the chain of procedure.Follwoing are the components that are directly involved in nanophotonic systems.
Components of a nanophotonic system
- Fiber to waveguide couplers
- Optical switches
- photo detectors/solar cells
- Electro-optic modulators
- Wavelength division multiplexors
- Optical circulators
- Saturable absorber
All of the above components work collectively.Coupler snad fiber couplers are responsible for carring the light wave to optical switches ,amplifiers acts a the converter and controllers ,detectors directly detects the image and laser beam.All the phenomena starts wit the ultra voilet radiations with approximate wavelength of 300 to 1200 nano meters.During the interactions of light typical electromagnetic field is formed.This effect is also known as Max well effect.In this feild the nano sturcutures are adjusted with the help of topography. This means that the electromagnetic field is totally dependent on the shape and size of the light interatcions.
Ther core concepts of the nanophotics were originated in mid 1990s during the pheonomna for testing the nanotechnology strength to catter light.Two main concepts are involved in photonics.
- Revealing and exploring the properties of light at the nanometer scale
- Enhancing efficient devices power to be used in engineering applications.
- Nano photonics has the potential to revolutionize the industrial sector in order to improve and create the new strcutural components for the sake of sciences.
Applications of nanophotonics
Because of the instant interactive properties nanoopotics are used in many applications such as Scanning tunneling microscope for capturing the element image through laser strike,optical switches and electromagnetic chips circuits, trasistor filaments, surface plasma, optical microscopy and for propagating light from one part to another part for various purposes in electronics and mechanical enginnering.High power optical structures, wave length meters,I nteraction chips and many other tiny devices are developed with the help of nanophotonics. Because of its diffraction capabilities it is considered to be one of the most advanced form of optical nanotechnology that would be of great use to the mankind in coming future.They are also used in semi conduction materials and also for navigating the optical properties of extremly small materials such as colloidal gold with 10 to 100 nm ,red in color,this kind of nano gold allows free electron flow which must be controlled in order to prevent the excess flow.Nano photonics introduce the technologies for neutralizing some of the following electrons.
Pros and cons of nanophotnics
- Like other nano technologies nanophotinics also has some advantages and disadvantages.
- One of the major advantage of nanophotonics is its extremely powerful interactive ability with almost every particle that deals with optics.
- Improved the application diversity and explored the major concepts of light resources that one cannot even imagine.
- Uses light at its best for treating optics.
- Nanophotonics applications are not cost effective which is basic drawback of this technology
- High scale fabrications and critical light beams are dangerous for the human health because they can penetrate into nervous system and can affect brain and spinal cord.
- Huge laser consumption encourages skin diseases.
Interested in Advertising your products or website with us? Click Why Advertising with us ?
- What is nanotechnology?
Useful & Related Links
Browse All Categories
- WiFi Technology
- Wimax Technology
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Communication
- IT - Certifications
- Computer OS
- Computer Hardware
- Computer security
- Technology Reviews
- Networking Tutorials
- Other Technology articles
- Top 10
Lastest articles in Category