Definitation – Nano particles
The smallest particle ever found as the result of molecular processing and nanotechnology are known as nano particles. These are the particles with extra ordinary properties of deliberating new components and transmitting energies at nano meter scale. The foremost feature of these particles is that they have the ability to reassemble themselves again and again which is very useful for finding out new components from them.At present almost every item of daily use and electronic products has nano particle fabrication and use in them .they were originated with the concept of nanotechnology.
Scientist always wanted to fine out the extra ordinary abilities of elements and natural materials so that better structures could be developed. In the early 1980s the concept of nanotechnology rose up with the nano particles. It was seen for the first time that by just reassembling the particles at nano scales new excellent components can be formed. Nano particle has major contribution in finding out brilliant resource elements form natural materials such as carbon, which was the first natural material which was treated at nano scale to find out new components and carbon nano tubes are ultimately the type of advanced nano particles.
Distinguishing Factors – Features of Nano particles
Nano particles have extra ordinary properties which were never seen before. Some of its major characteristics are
- Self reassembling capability
- Hole free structure.
- High conduction.
- Formation of new sub components on rearranging.
- Utilization diversity in all the work areas
- Reliability and sustainability.
- 100 nanometer size or more dimensions.
- Grate surface area as compared to other particles.
- Conventional change and modification adaptation ability.
- Automatic reactive stability.
Applications of nano particles
Nano particles have many useful applications in the commercial, industrial and technological sectors of this world. They are used for every purpose these days. they have applications in the field including, chemistry, biological sciences, garments, wear and tear, electronics, computer and fiction sciences, mathematics, mechanical engineering, artificial intelligence, fertilization, purification and many more. Some of its applications that are never seen before are listed below.
- Iron oxide nano particle are used for magnetic resonance through out the world. they are used for improving the scanning ability of the scanning device
- Gold nano particle are used to maintain the volatile liquids at room temperature.
- Nanoparticle is coated with a peptide that binds to a cancer tumor to reduce the tumor effect to the nervous system of the infected body.
- They are used to break down the acidic compounds in the air to neutralize vaporization.
- They are used to find out the presence of fat hydrogen especially in nuclear plants. When hydrogen is around then they get swell to show the presence of gas.
- Crystalline nano particles which are also known as Quantum dots care also used to find the cancer disease in the body.
- They are used to deliver drugs to the various pats of body for life saving purpose.
- Iron nano particles are used for cleaning up the carbon polluted water.
- Silicon nano particles increase the storage capacity and battery power of energy cells.
- Zinc oxide nano particles are used for protective wood coatings and used in textiles and plastics materials to ensure reliability.
- Silver nano particles are used to kill the bacteria from garments and silk materials.
- Now a days nano particle cream is available that is suitable for every skin type and protect the rashes and damaged skin afrom getting infected. Fungus does not affect the skin in the presence of nano particles on skin.
- Nano particles in the form of arsenic are used for cleaning up the waters from the wells.
- Nano particles also have the ability to destroy the cancer cells in the body in the form of UV rays.