What is GPS tracker
What is GPS Tracker: GPS stands for Global Positioning System which is a combination of satellites.GPS unit use to be programmed with maps of specific areas, with all the roads and streets. So the position can be located easily with the help of satellite. All the different satellites use to transmit different signals to GPS receivers around the world. To measure the distance between GPS satellite and receiver travel time of radio signals between the satellite and receiver is measured. With the combination of distance over time of some nearest satellite location, speed and direction of GPS receiver can be located. Data about the location of GPS receiver is very important for the company owner because this data actually tell about the vehicles that the company possess.
How GPS Tracking Works:
The simplest and easiest way to explain about working of GPS is that the users just have to insert the GSM card into the GPS tracker, and the object or individual you want to monitor would already have a GPS tracer or receiver. When user activates his account, at that time he can locate that individual or object by using computer or phone which can access internet. As we discuss earlier that GPS tracker uses radio signals to locate the position, so same would be done here. Then a software use to tell us about the location in real times with landmarks, street name and every single details about the location of the object or individual.
Types of GPS Tracking Unit:
There are main three categories into which GPS tracking units are divided. These three includes Data Loggers, Data Pushers and Data Pullers.
Data Logger/ Passive GPS Tracking:
As the name suggest data logger uses to logs about the position of the object after some specific intervals of time. Then that information about the position use to store in the flash based memory. This stored information can be transferred to some other stores with the help of USB device. USB devices are mostly used by long distance hikers etc, this logging facility use to help them in searching the further routes.
GPS data pusher is most popular because of its security privileges. As the name suggest us that this device use to push the data form device to the central database unit after specific intervals. Data that use to get through data pusher help to get information about location, direction, speed and distance. This is best for the use in vehicles. With the help of data pusher the location at which any vehicle is can be known instantly so that efficient supervision and theft prevention can be done. This is also helpful for spy’s so that they can track the movement of individuals.
GPS data puller unit allows its users to pull the data form receiver. This data can use to be pulled form there at the time of need. This device use to work all the time, mean 24/7 in a day. It is not as popular for use as is data pusher, because it is most commonly used to find out the stolen goods. This can be used when tracking use to be done rarely.
Some Other facilities of GPS:
- Most of the GPS tracking devices provide us with the location which is accurate within 2.5 meters.
- GPS tracking devices are location sensitive which mean that they can find the hidden locations as well, and with that device use to maintain good reception.
- GPS devices are now so efficient that they now use to collect he information on second by second procedures. This style of collecting information give a better flow of information and then better reports can be generated.
- These devices are easy portable. But there use was always an issue of power supple to these devices. Now this problem has been sort out and GPS tracking devices give us now up to 20 hours tracking without any power supply.
- This method is very reliable and with that some special software’s are also available now in market. This software use to give us ease of automatically collected the information after some specific intervals of time.
Interested in Advertising your products or website with us? Click Why Advertising with us ?
- How satellite works
Browse All Categories
- WiFi Technology
- Wimax Technology
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Communication
- IT - Certifications
- Computer OS
- Computer Hardware
- Computer security
- Technology Reviews
- Networking Tutorials
- Other Technology articles
- Top 10
Lastest articles in Category