Post by Jawad Ahmad Riaz
In the past all the GSM networks use the circuit switching technology for the sake of internet and the data transmission of the mobile phones. But the circuit switched data provides only 9.6 kbps of the rate of data transmission. And with the passage of time and with the help of new researches, this circuit switching technology was modified and becomes High Speed Circuit Switched Data. It provides the rate o0f almost 38.8 or some times 40.8 kbps. So, basically HSCSD is the modified or the latest form of the Circuit Switched Data CSD.
Features of High Speed Circuit Switched Data:
As this technology came into being after modern researches, so it has many characteristic features that distinguish this technology from the other technologies. Some of the important features of HSCSD are as follows
- High speed circuit switched data technology has a rate four times faster then the old and the typical GSM networks.
- HSCSD enable users to carry on all types of the non voice applications at a very faster speed of 38.8 kbps
- The main or the major feature of the high speed circuit switched data is that this technology has power to work with multiple slots that enable the users to do the maximum data transmission.
- Due to its faster rate, this technology is now working in more then 20 countries of the technological World and almost more them 85 million users are benefited through this technology
- as we know that the initial rate that this technology provides the users for the sake of data transmission is 38.8 kbps but nowadays this technology is upgraded and servers the users wit the speed of 40 to 57.4 kbps in specific areas.
Advantages and Disadvantages of HSCSD:
High speed circuit switched data has many advantages that attract the portable device users towards it. Some important advantages are as follows
- Provide high data transmission rate of 38.8 kbps
- Provide mobility to the users that they are able to access the internet every where.
- With the help of multiple time slots feature of the high speed circuit switched data, users are capable to carry on their internet and data transfer application more then three time faster then circuit switched data CSD.
- It also provides the opportunity to the users to access their own local area network through this technology.
Where this technology has the marvelous features and the advantages, it has few disadvantages that throw the negative effect on the technological work such as; setting and the operation of the high speed circuit switched data is quilt costly and difficult too afford and it also has some security disadvantages that take the moral of the technology down. Otherwise it is a faster technology of data transmission among all the latest technologies.
Interested in Advertising your products or website with us? Click Why Advertising with us ?
- How gsm technology works
Useful & Related Links
Browse All Categories
- WiFi Technology
- Wimax Technology
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Communication
- IT - Certifications
- Computer OS
- Computer Hardware
- Computer security
- Technology Reviews
- Networking Tutorials
- Other Technology articles
- Top 10
Lastest articles in Category