How to setup ad hoc network - Setup ad hoc network
Post by Jawad Ahmad Riaz
As we know that wireless, technology becomes very famous among all the aspects of different technologies of computer networking of present era. Wireless networks really provide the convenient and easy approach to communications between different areas. WiFi is commonly called as wireless LAN, it is one of those networks in which high frequency radio waves are required for transmission of data from one place to another. WiFi operates on several hundreds feet between two places of data transmission. This technology only works on high frequency radio signals.
Nowadays this technology is used as office or home network and in many electronic devices. Wireless LAN or WiFi is divided into three main parts on which its whole working depends and all of its applications depend on these parts such as infrastructure mode and ad hoc mode of networking. However, the important type that plays a vital role almost in application is the Ad Hoc mode of networking. It is defined as the type of Wifi technology that is used in data transmission by the process that is not based on the old architecture such as wireless router and different type of wireless access points is called as Ad Hoc wireless networking. This type of networking is also commonly called as peer-to-peer networking or P2P networking.
How to Setup Ad Hoc Network:
There are different steps that are used to build or setup the Ad Hoc networking for the transmission of data from one place to another. The devices for the working of the Ad Hoc network is designed in such a way that it will operate directly with other devices without the involvement of the access points and provide the networking in the narrow range. The steps that are involved in the setup are as follows
- Required Hardware
- Network Adapter Configuration
- Installation Process
The hardware or different types of devices that are used to configure the Ad Hoc network is fall in this category. Different types of hae4dware is required to build the network such as required network adapters, wired or wireless local area network LAN, routing devices, computers among which the network has to be configured etc. service set identifier is also the requirement of the setting of the ad hoc networking
Network Adapter Configuration:
After the collection of the required hardware then the setup moves to the installation of the required network adapter. It is the important step in the setting of the ad hoc networking; the installation process is as follows i.e. first place the adapter in the system correctly and then turns on the system. When the system is completely ready to use then insert the CD in the CD Rom of the required software of the network adapter and follow the instruction given on the screen.
Setting of Network:
The basic process that is used for setting the Ad Hoc networking or peer-to-peer networking on the personal computers is as follows
- For the configuration of the peer-to-peer network, your computer should be attached with the required wireless LAN technology or the Wifi device.
- First of all, configure the settings of the network on the one computer this is called as server for that process then configure the required ad Hoc network on the other personal computers.
- After settings open the tab for the configuration of the wireless network by open the wireless network icon and change the properties of the wireless networking to the required setting of Ad hoc network.
- Then check the properties of the service set identifier box and typoe the name of the SSID box attached to your computer and then press the Add button to add the box next to you
- The last step is that if you are not using the WEP then disables such security mode. After all, click the OK button and save the settings and the Ad Hoc network has been setup.
Interested in Advertising your products or website with us? Click Why Advertising with us ?
- WiFi Modes
- Installing WiFi
Browse All Categories
- WiFi Technology
- Wimax Technology
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Communication
- IT - Certifications
- Computer OS
- Computer Hardware
- Computer security
- Technology Reviews
- Networking Tutorials
- Other Technology articles
- Top 10
Lastest articles in Category