What is workstation
Post by Jawad Ahmad Riaz
A computer that is generally manufactured to accomplish the task of the professionalism in the field of the computer technology is called as the work station. But the actual definition of the work station is that the computer that is generally developed to run different type of heavy and the professional softwares for the sake of networking and other important tasks also by the single user is called as the work station. Such computers are less powerful as compared to other typical desktop computer but it has more space to do working if compared with personal computer.
Important features of Workstation:
There are many important characteristic features of the workstation because it has ability to store more and can run more applicationsas compared to the typical work computer. Some pf ten specific and the important features of the work stations are as follows
- The work station has very compact designed as compared to the other personal computers but it has more capacity to save the applications but it has low power compatibility.
- Typical working computers can only do the simple calculations or the problems but the workstation can able to solve the complex and difficult problems that re the big task for the every user to do. So users can do such calculations quit conveniently.
- One of the grate features of the work station is that users can conveniently build three directional models of digital nature that can operate over high power.
History of Work Station:
Work station is not a new computer because it belongs to the old era of technology. So it is very important to study the background for establishing or manufacture a new work station. So the first work station was established in the 1959 by the IBM computers and they named it as IBM 1620. This work station 3was not advanced to meet the requirement of the modern or the present technology of that the, they decided to launch the new work station having new features as compared to he old one. The new model was IBM 1130 in 1965. Another workstation has been introduced in the 1980s that have some type of professional features in it.
How Workstation Works?
Work station really work in a particular fashion because as we know very well the computer scientists designed the work station for the sake of solving the difficult tasks of the professional computer users. So they also kept its working in a specific way. Workstation not works singly but different types of computers are attached together to forms a typical workstation. But the actual workstation that has been designed for the professional consists of different components that work together to form the workable workstation. Some important components that take part must in the working of the workstation are listed below
- First of all a high graphical screen
- Compatible random access memory minimum 64 megabytes.
- Different type of cables and networking cards that can support multi networks also.
- One of the important parts of the working of the workstation is the graphical user interface card in which different type of cards are involved such as Ethernet card.
- In the present era most of the workstations are also come that are capable of the storing different type of memory and this feature made them more powerful.
Workstation also categorized into different types but most of the important types of workstation are given below
- Modular workstation
- Ergonomic workstation
- Printer workstation
- Armories workstation
- General workstation
Each type of workstation has different components and can support different type data processing in the computer networking.advertisemet
Interested in Advertising your products or website with us? Click Why Advertising with us ?
- Types of workstation
- Workstation Vs Desktop computers
- What is Scada computer system
Network access server :: What is workstation :: How to start career in network administration :: Computer security systems :: How do I choose best fire wire hard drive :: Internet security system :: What is NIPRNET :: What is SIPRnet :: What is ESATA :: ESATA connector :: What is wirefire port :: Master Slaves in hard drive :: What is processor Bus? :: SATA 6Gbs :: What is network Operating system :: What is Application cluster :: What is authentication server :: Home network server :: Linux terminal server project :: Network load balancer :: Virtual network computing :: Analog Vs digital signals :: Broadband troubleshooting :: Types of Broadband :: What is ADSL2+ :: Extranet vs Intranet :: Peer to peer networks :: What is scada computer system :: Advantages of Networking Intranetworking :: Types of networking cable :: Types of workstation :: Workstation Vs Desktop computers :: Business networking :: What is CRM sofware :: Electronic medical report :: What is Ethernet switch :: How ethernet works :: How to install unformatted hard drive in vista :: Installing windows server 2003 :: What is Network backup :: PointCast Network :: Networking internetworking :: Install and configure sata drive :: What is secure socket layer :: Terminal Server vs Virtual Desktop :: What is data logger :: What is IPsec ::
Browse All Categories
- WiFi Technology
- Wimax Technology
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Communication
- IT - Certifications
- Computer OS
- Computer Hardware
- Computer security
- Technology Reviews
- Networking Tutorials
- Other Technology articles
- Top 10
Lastest articles in Category