What is Server Clustering
Post by Jawad Ahmad Riaz
Server Clustering - Introduction
Server clustering is the technique used for balancing the load of working severs either working parallel or in the case of the failure. Its also increase the availability of the server services in a timely manner which can retain the maximum customers. Clustering have several types but sever clustering allows use to use the applications by immediately activating the cluster transparent to access to the user without letting them know about the cluster
Requirements for clustering
Clustering is nice technique to manage the server tasks but there are some requirements that must be fulfilled, for this cost for developing clusters should be first determined that may include the cost of following factors
- Kind of hardware
- Network architecture
- Working conditions and environment
- Software specifications
Hardware that is required for the clustering may expensive because various brands offer hardware at competitive prices. Secondly clustering software’s area is another cost that can affect the clusters. Different kind of switches are required that can change the overall cost.
How clustering works
When sever clustering is used huge set of equipment that involves peripheral, hardware ,software and other support device works collectively for the sake of communications and services Massive hardware abilities are required for this purpose. Clusters are connected through swatches sand node switch re responsibilities for transferring the data and the signals for handing over the control form one cluster to another. .different cluster work differently .some may be designed just for rendering the images and transmitting the wiring data. When a server in the clustered environment is failed a request is forwarded immediately at the backend to the cluster which automatically activates that control for managing the front end which is visible to eth user .the users remain invisible to this whole process, even a single blink in the interfaces is not spared in server clustering .in some technologies TCP and off loading engine is also required that can enhance the overall cost. The working initiated with the cluster master which is configured to control all the other clusters of the servers. When a request for the new traffic comes cluster master decides itself which cluster would be most suitable and divide the load to the servers. This decision is totally dependent on the incoming and outgoing data that is communicated between the every member of the cluster group.
The cluster master is configured to monitor the load across every memeber of the cluster. As new traffic requests come in, the master makes an intelligent decision based on the load of all servers in the cluster. The decision is based on all incoming and outgoing data from each member and in the name of efficiency directs requests to the "least busy" server
Benefits of server clustering
Inspite of increased cost and high expertise for the operations of server clustering still have some great benefits that highly facilitates its users. Some of the major ones are listed below.
- High speed is one of the main advantages of the server clustering. clustering allows us to use multiple, servers collectively at the same time that can be easily operated by individual machine which ultimately means that less RAM is required for operating multiple server from one machine and additional resources performs the assigned tasks ten times faster than the single configured system.
- High speed and multitasking capability in the cluster definitely gives better performance at much faster throughput rate than the ordinary server. In this way increase efficiency can be enjoyed with high speed.
- Power is another factor that can be considered as the advantage of the server clustering because every cluster of the sever has the Random Access Memory that can treat large files in simple order and quicker rate. In this way high graphic services can also be enjoyed.
Interested in Advertising your products or website with us? Click Why Advertising with us ?
- Server Colocation
Browse All Categories
- WiFi Technology
- Wimax Technology
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Communication
- IT - Certifications
- Computer OS
- Computer Hardware
- Computer security
- Technology Reviews
- Networking Tutorials
- Other Technology articles
- Top 10
Lastest articles in Category