Peer to peer networking - p2p networks
A type of distributed networking in which the different type of peer to peer protocols are involved for the sake of the balancing and the management pf the wok load is called as the peer to peer networking. Different type peer join together to form a peer to peer networks. Generally it belongs to the architecture in which different type of distributed applications are present. Basically file sharing is one of the important applications of the peer to peer networking. The inspiration of the peer to peer networking comes out from the file sharing from the Napster and nowadays it evolves at great rate according to the use of internet technology.
How Peer to Peer networking Works?
Working of the peer to peer networking is carried out with the help of different type of protocols and softwares that re called as the peer to peer network protocols. The working of the peer to peer networking is quite convenient because here is no involvement of the central server, so its working is completely independent. As the main work of the peer to peer networks is to manage the work load so, for such purpose they used different resources and increase the capacity of the system by dividing the working load of the clients, increase its bandwidth, increase its storage memory and also enhance the power resources of the system. All the setting of the peer to peer networking is carried out the older switches or hubs and cables, so new equipments are not required. Some times peer to peer networks perform both tasks of the supplying and consuming.
Applications of Peer to Peer Networking:
If we talk about the application of the peer to peer networking then there are number of applications of the peer to peer networking. Almost it is related to very field of the computer networks in which management of the work required. Some of the common and important applications of the peer to peer networking are listed below.
- One of the major applications of the peer to peer networking is the file sharing between different systems with the help of internet technology. And due to such application it is some times also called as the grate contributor of the traffic of networking.
- Content delivery is also an application of the peer to peer networking and it is carried out with the help of following networking components such as the Kontiki, Giraffic etc.
- Some of the communicational applications that are largely used on the internet for the sake of communication between different places are the Skype, VoIP and instant messaging as well.
- Some of the contribution of the peer to peer networking is also applicable to identify drug addicts personalities.
- Some times wireless communication is also an application of the peer to peer networking.
Advantages of Peer to Peer Networking:
There are many advantages of peer top peer networking because it really helpful in maintaining the work load of the different peers used in the architecture. Some of the important or the major advantages of the peer to peer networking arte given below
- They generally increase the bandwidth of the particular networking system to divide its working ability.
- They also enhance the storing capacity of the device or the sake pf storing large amount of data and manages the work load as well from a single drive.
- They also take part in the initial or in the starting of the file sharing between different systems.
- Peer to peer networks are also able to perform its duty on extreme low power and that is why they are also used to manage the power resources.
Interested in Advertising your products or website with us? Click Why Advertising with us ?
- Network types
Network access server :: What is workstation :: How to start career in network administration :: Computer security systems :: How do I choose best fire wire hard drive :: Internet security system :: What is NIPRNET :: What is SIPRnet :: What is ESATA :: ESATA connector :: What is wirefire port :: Master Slaves in hard drive :: What is processor Bus? :: SATA 6Gbs :: What is network Operating system :: What is Application cluster :: What is authentication server :: Home network server :: Linux terminal server project :: Network load balancer :: Virtual network computing :: Analog Vs digital signals :: Broadband troubleshooting :: Types of Broadband :: What is ADSL2+ :: Extranet vs Intranet :: Peer to peer networks :: What is scada computer system :: Advantages of Networking Intranetworking :: Types of networking cable :: Types of workstation :: Workstation Vs Desktop computers :: Business networking :: What is CRM sofware :: Electronic medical report :: What is Ethernet switch :: How ethernet works :: How to install unformatted hard drive in vista :: Installing windows server 2003 :: What is Network backup :: PointCast Network :: Networking internetworking :: Install and configure sata drive :: What is secure socket layer :: Terminal Server vs Virtual Desktop :: What is data logger :: What is IPsec ::
Browse All Categories
- WiFi Technology
- Wimax Technology
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Communication
- IT - Certifications
- Computer OS
- Computer Hardware
- Computer security
- Technology Reviews
- Networking Tutorials
- Other Technology articles
- Top 10
Lastest articles in Category